View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Be careful not to under-eat too. I always had trouble sticking to a diet because the points pr calories or whatever would freak me out, so I would under-eat during the day in order to 'save' calories in case I needed them later. The result was that I became starving at about 4 pm and did not stop being starving for the rest of the night. I could stick with the diet for a few days, but then I would go out or something and that would be that.

I read a great book that suggested having 3-4 meals a day of 400 calories---no less. They presented some scientific mumbo-jumbo about how 400 calories was the optimal amount to eat at one sitting. I have given it a try, and it's working. It was a struggle to get in 400 calories at breakfast (I am not a huge breakfast eater) but I have been planning carefully and getting in 3 proper meals (400 calorie) and 2 200-calorie snacks. Some of the meals/snacks have not been the healthiest food, but as long as I stick to the calorie goal, I am on plan---so going out for coffee with Dad and having a cookie is allowed, without breaking the diet, which is great! So far, 1 pound down but I haven't been exercising. So that should speed things up a little when I do.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote