Thread: Touch Cover image frustrations
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
scoobertron
Connoisseur
scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You must be doing something wrong. The Kobo Touch takes the first page of the book and uses that as the cover. If there are white bars in the cover image used, then they are there in the first page of the epub as well. If you have an example that doesn't do this, post it, or at least the code for the first page and a cover so we can see what is wrong.
I have attached one of the epubs. The cover image is one I have generated to replace the original, which was also 600x800.

Quote:
That is only 12000 files. The maximum for a FAT32 directory is 65,534. Your not close, so running out of inodes doesn't make sense.
Yeah, something funny is going on. When I was copying the image files I had made, I was getting errors that there was no disk space, even though there was plenty. Using df -i showed 0 free inodes, which made me think that I had run out, but looking again it shows 0% used, so I am wondering if the filesystem is borked.

Quote:
As to the files you are generating, what firmware version are you using? ... The cover image size is not a bug but working as designed. Personally, I'd be unhappy if they changed it.
I am using 2.1.5. The reason I was thinking it is a bug is that the image is already the right size to fit the screen, so adding the margins changes the aspect ratio, which distorts the text.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo.epub (1.18 MB, 114 views)
scoobertron is offline   Reply With Quote