View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Thanks in particular for the Gumroad link, I was not aware of them, it's very good to know. Their pricing would come out at around 15% (close enough) of a $2.99 book; around 30% of a $0.99 book; and around 10% of a $5 book.
I get very leery of the "Internet startup of the week" syndrome, but Gumroad seems to be the real deal, with solid people behind it. It's catching on because it is so simple and easy. They have great support on Twitter, too...they are doing all the right things IMHO. I haven't heard any horror stories, unlike a lot of other payment services (not mentioning names).

David Gaughran's blog post back in March turned me on to Gumroad.

Like PayPal's special merchant rates or Amazon's send money program, the % you get depends on your retail pricing because of the flat 25 cent fee (but they have to cover their credit card processing fees somewhere).

Worst case scenario (99 cents) is a very-Smashwords like 70% cut and that's at 99 cents...as you go higher in price, you keep a higher and higher percentage...again with no work besides uploading your source files and posting the links...not a bad deal at all.
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote