View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
That said, the front light technology that we use for Kobo Glo is more resilient than some other tech that is in the market today. That is to say, if the device is in your purse or bag and is coming into regular contact with, oh I don't know.. say keys for example the front light will likely not suffer catastrophic failure such as we have seen with some competitors.
That's a great clarification because while it has been mentioned that Amazon have done something different to the Nook, I'd actually read at least one review that mentions the Kobo Glo is using the same lighting tech as the Nook Glowlight - which was obviously a concern.

Obviously time will tell just how robust both the Kindle Paperwhite and the Kobo Glo screens are, but this is good news.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote