View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
jasontaylor7
Blacklisted
jasontaylor7 began at the beginning.

Device: palm pixi
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lurker View Post
You're pedantic and condescending focus on my layman's vocabulary is unhelpful. There were a few comments in your reply that suggest you might be starting to grasp my problem... but if I'm not mistaken, your response is basically, "Yeah, that's how Calibre works." In other words, you're merely acknowledging the limitations of Calibre without offering any possible work-arounds. That's also unhelpful.
A lurker, even though you discovered some workarounds, I copied the above quote to a responder to your op as a historical note because it resonates with my own feelings. I want you to know I'm on your side 100%. I'm still having the same problem. The fact is nobody has the balls to spill out the truth, which is that calibre removes tabs because the author has a bunch of mindless yesmen saying how great his software is. The more people who post workarounds the less the chance the author stops ignoring tabs. It's really ridiculous IMO. (All these people failing to agree there's even a problem.) It's like they write a 10 page css code insert workaround and then say you're an idiot for not realizing how do write this yourself. I hope this is a wakeup call to the calibre author to fix the tab problem. I'm sure his followers will bash us for no logical reason. I'm getting used to that. That's life.

In my case I don't have an rtf source so I still don't know what to do. I have a mobi source and I want to convert it to epub. The right thing is to rewrite calibre so it stops ignoring tabs IMO. But, in the meantime, does anyone know of a workaround for me?

Last edited by jasontaylor7; 02-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.
jasontaylor7 is offline   Reply With Quote