View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
I probably have enough e-books for ten lifetimes. In "the good old days", I would go to the bookstore or the library and come home with one or two books, and I'd usually enjoy them immensely. Now, I'm drowning in a sea of books, and spend way too much time accumulating more & more. Time to stop that. But I'll have to figure out a system for selecting from my existing library. Just looking at that list of books overwhelms me!
I think that's a real problem with "bargain" ebooks. You tend to end up with a lot of OK books and hardly any great books, but you feel compelled to read the OK books now you've got them.

At Christmas, I decided to allow myself to buy four agency-priced books that have been on my wish list for ages, and I'm really glad I did. They're probably the four books I'm most looking forward to reading on my kindle. I'll be starting the first of them as soon as I finish my current book.

It's nice to get a bargain, and some of them turn out to be excellent, but you have to treat yourself to something you actually want every now and again.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote