Thread: Which Are You?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
My daughter got her iphone 5 on Friday, and that is when I decided to root my thunderbolt - to show her how much more flexible my device is. But it really isn't. After rooting my HTC Thunderbolt and installing ics, and losing my apps (my fault, shouldn't have happened), I went to both Google and Amazon to redownload my apps. Google wasn't an issue, but Amazon was a bear! You had to start at the top and scroll down through all your apps! I had 300 apps, and it took 4 days to download them. Finally, when I tried three times to download the last 11, I called up Amazon, and told them I was done, and they were going to have to give me $28 in credit to rebuy the apps (I had gotten them all for free, but they cost up to $10 each now). Well, they did so, but it made me realize--I looked down on Apple users, because the OS was more constraining. But if Amazon came out with an android phone, it would probably download apps as easily as the Fire. And the kindle is my preferred reading device (although epub is my preferred format).

So, I have decided you can't be independent. Things are getting so platform specific, you choose by default. So, which are you trendng toward? And if you pick None of the Above, you should have a substantial amount of data from all three platforms. Since I have an android phone and a kindle fire, my movies come from Amazon, as do my apps, although I am going to go to Google Play a lot more now.
Yeah, I really am not a fan of Amazon. I remember one of the last times I used Amazon, it was before I got my current phone, and was in a wifi/data free area. I tried to use a game I had, to kill the time, and I couldn't because it needed a network connection to verify with Amazon that I was a legitimate owner. WTF? I never have to do that with any apps I bought from Google.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote