View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Do you mean add rather than replace?
I did mean "add". More later as to why.
Quote:
If you want to send all 3 T1 formats (epub, pdf, txt) does it need to be 'any format'/PRST1 rather than EPUB/PRST1
It can be 'any format', but I am not convinced that it needs to be. TXT does not have embedded metadata, so the plugboard would do nothing. PDF has limited metadata support, so that might or might not work.

From your description, it seems that automatic management is in fact working. The problem seems to be that at some point the T1 decides to rebuild the database. I assume that if you wait for this to finish then plug in the T1, calibre will refresh the database, restoring it to the desired values.

However, the data will be incorrect for the period between the T1's rebuild and the connection. This problem can be minimized if the data retrieved by the T1 from the ebook is the same data that you want to appear in the device DB (modulo changes since you sent the book). If you have plugboards that both update the device DB on connect (auto management) and the book (on send), then this goal should be realized. Automatic management will still work at least as well as it does today, and the T1's DB rebuilds won't have such a dramatic effect.

This is all supposition. Not knowing how the T1 works or why the T1 is deciding to rebuild, I can't really know what it will do or where it gets its information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote