View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
best way to generate TOCs: 4 scenarios?

I am still not getting this ebook format conversion thing.

I know how to use Mobicreator, less familiar with Calibre, vaguely familiar with Book Creator.

Basically I need to take html files and make TOCs for them. Some sort of gui tool would be nice, or at least some tool that doesn't involve a lot of typing on command line.

here are some scenarios:

1)i have written static html chapters, and I need merely to create a main TOC. Preferably more than one levels and with illustration. these are my own writings, so my goal is clean code and ability to maintain over time.

2)I have used a tool to download recursively some html pages (such as pages from a website). like downloadthemall. The html is messy, has a lot of random code, but the links basically work. I need to create an index page.

3) I have chapters which are actually a bunch of text files generated by random people. would be nice to generate a toc.

4)i have a single html file with internal links/toc, but lots of graphics in a separate directory.

What is the best method for generating TOCs for each scenario?

On another note, is there a utility that gives you the ability to strip out certain kinds of code (javascript, etc) from html files?

Last edited by hapax legomenon; 10-31-2008 at 01:59 AM.
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote