View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #31
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If you mean formatting the mobi file and such. I can send you the one I'm messing with for my Kindle (which will have things like the chapter marks for the K's progress bar) once I get it done (just PM me your email).
Thanks - however, given that Calibre appears to do a fairly nice job of converting an epub to a .mobi, I guess it would be possible to just submit the Calibre generated .mobi, wouldn't it? (I haven't yet looked into a standalone submission to amazon, so I'm not sure how to go about it yet.)

Anyways, I've had a reply from Smashwords asking me to detail the problem, and I have sent a reply. They seem to be taking it seriously, that's for sure.

@Dixiegal: Yeah, I get your point - the most important thing is getting a decent story out there. However, it's still no excuse to offer a slack-looking ebook to a paying customer - I think they have a right to a reasonably well-formatted ebook; it certainly won't do Smashwords any favours with regards to the .mobi format if it all looks a bit slapdash.
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote