View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #44
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Is it absolutely the same design? To me, this (in retrospective) would be a "No Go". To some (many?), design of the unit may not be important. After all, it's an ebook reader and as such, BeBook is doing a nice enough job.
For me, I have "feel good" when using any unit. Why has iPod touch been that successful? Usability and iTunes probably have their share. But mainly, I guess, it's because it's simply a "cool" gadget.
Sony's design, in my opinion, is close to perfect. Kindle 2 and Kindle DX aren't that "attractive", but at least they are okay. (Didn't like Kindle 1, though).
BeBook doesn't have a webshop of their own for eBooks, so it's all about the unit itself...
What are your specific concerns with the BeBook? I am considering getting the EZReader for my son.

However, the Pocket Pro is not quite the same as the current BeBook. The Pocket Pro is the next generation of the BeBook hardware. I am sure that BeBook will also carry this. Both units are actually the Hanlin hardware with BeBook/EZReader branding.

I'm not sure how exact my memory is, but here goes. The pocket pro has a faster (Epson) controller, it is five inches in size, and it has a scroll wheel added to the right side for an alternative page advance button.

There will be a lot of similarities with the current generation BeBook, so I am interested in your opinion. However, I have no way of knowing about any more subtle design changes that may have impacted the product.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote