View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
rehemiau
Enthusiast
rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini
I just successfully unbricked my Kobo Mini using the image I got from fat265 (again, thank you very much!)

Also, doing that, I changed the S/N written in his image to match my device (using a hex file editor) - the S/N is written in the beginning of the image and is easy to find.

His image was a 4GB one and I have a 2GB card in my Mini, but I just used dd to write as much as I can and repaired the partitions using gparted afterwards.

Before I did that I tried to use an image I got from davidfor, but it didn't work - it was a Touch image.

Anyway, I'm a happy man now, and for other people having a Kobo that doesn't even light its LEDs:
There's always hope!
I still have the image if anyone needs it, but I erased my S/N.

peace!
rehemiau is offline   Reply With Quote