View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #65
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's these sorts of reasons that I am highly suggesting removing support for ePub.
This plugin creates a totally standard compliant ePub. There are no reason for removing ePub support from this plugin, except personal dislike. And since using or not using this plugin is just a matter of personal choice...

Furthermore, removing soft hyphens is just a snap.

Just a device compatibility list could be a reasonable suggestion (and people are already reporting successes and failures).

At the moment, fully successful stories in supporting soft hyphens:
  • Kindle Touch
  • Kindle Paperwhite
  • Kindle (Kindle 4 non-touch)
  • Kindle Keyboard (fw 3.4)
  • and I guess any kindle model supporting AZW3

Partially supported (rendered but search not working) by:
  • Adobe Digital Editions >= 2.0 (*)
  • Kobo (which models?) (*)
(*) has internal hyphenation support

Unsupported by:
  • Sony
  • Adobe Digital Editions < 2

P.S.

I'm reading my 2nd soft hyphenated book: once again my thanks to the author!!!

Last edited by pirl8; 03-29-2013 at 04:23 PM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote