View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #19
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
If you now have a bricked Glo, return it as a warranty return.

Don't mention the firmware upgrade. Just say it isn't working. This is not to mislead the seller, but will avoid them not understanding what the cause of the problem is (your average book store staff won't know about firmware).

And the device is clearly defective, if it will allow the loading of firmware for a different device to break it completely, with no option of doing a factory reset. Especially as Kobo prior advice on this is that the different firmware versions would be 'incompatible', not that it would render your device completely inoperatable.
Indeed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semhoun View Post
I will not blame kobo for briking my device. But i will blame them to don't add a way to made a hard reset easily.
There is a way to hard reset. I can't remember where I read it*, but it works the same as with the Kobo Touch, only instead of using the home button, use the light button. So:

- Slide the On/off slider for enough seconds to be sure the device is off
- Press and hold down the light button
- Slide the on/off slider once as if you were switching it on, whilst still holding the light button

That should give you disco white flashing led light and restoring screen. You can let the light button go.

*Found the source: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2252198. But, it's not 100% that it will actually work.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 10-19-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote