Thread: Font embedding
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Without actually seeing your ePub it's hard to tell. There are two possible sources of errors:

1. You didn't embed the font correctly
2. The font doesn't support embedding

Some time ago, I created a very simple ePub template with an embedded font. You can download it and experiment with it.

Simply add your font in Sigil and then change the font path in the stylesheet so that it points to your font.
If your font still doesn't show up, it cannot be embedded.
I vote for your answer #1

It took me 3 tries to get it right after placing a font into the Fonts folder (remember, there are separate fonts for each weight and stroke).
there are 3 places that all need to be exactly in synch:

a) the font files themselves (remember name CASE)
b) the @font { sections must match 'a'
c) the place used ( typically in a class) font-face, font-weight, font-style

I have not played with font-decoration, but that may be another set of font files to ad to the mix

Just look at the problems with a device in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171846

Last edited by theducks; 03-20-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add link
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote