Thread: Hisense A5
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #208
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
I just received the a5 from cect shop. Some thoughts and answers to the questions I had...

-The screen is as good as a regular ereader, almost no reflectiveness (edit: I think due to matt protector).
-Screen is also much whiter than the a2, very white beautiful eink screen.
-It does NOT have dual sim cards. (But has microsd like previous models)
-There is an extra button called the eink button.
--combined with a volume button it turns on/off frontlight
--supposedly it can switch to an application (edit: but only in the default launcher I think)
--holding opens "voice assistant" :/
-It has its own "recent apps" page which has a sideways visual movement when swiping apps
-The touchscreen feels about as responsive as the a2 pro to me
-Touchscreen might be more responsive if you remove protector, but it looks to me like it will reflect
-Frontlight can be turned on/off or adjusted in notification area
-Phone sleeps and wakes simply like a normal phone (unlike the awkward double screen versions)
-Apps are automatically added to smooth refresh mode
-The screen is near enough an inch larger in height than the a2pro, and a fraction wider.

This phone is excellent. The only nitpick is the poor customization of the eink button. Really sad waste of a button. Everything else is perfect (though I haven't tested if it has fast charging, I will post an update).

Later notes:
-Video looks a bit more faded than I'm used to on the a2pro, perhaps because of matt protector?
-Video is more like on yota2. It does have the benefit of not reflecting, which is annoying on the a2pro.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 02-03-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote