View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #21
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Just so that I understand ... If a link is broken, you want to import it as is?

Why?
Because thats the workflow i hat since version. 0.34b.

And to be honest: "Fixing" it to a file outside the epub is more senseless than just leave it alone.

And Kevin, i appreciate your work, but can you read postings more carefzlluy? I often have the impression that you are not really working very intense with Sigil. Otherwise my initial post would have been clear. I have a bunch of ebook which should have a similar titlepage and the same stylesheet. That iplies that i have templates i am adding. I writze i have files. An html file and a stylesheet file. Not clips or peces of code. So your workarounds ae not really helpful.

And i know what i am doing. I do not need something like fixme. Broken things are reported by Reports, Flightcrew, Epubcheck well formed check, whats so ever.

If the resource is missing in the epoub, thats fine. I will correct that later, creating the image with affinity or use something public domain later on.

A missing resource does not make an epub invalid, its not working correctly, so there are semantic errors. Not syntactically ones. Theres nothing in rhe specs telling me that references/links MUST work.

And again: if it is broken, you/sigil can do nothing to fix it. It stays broken. If you at the protocol fixme, it is broken. Pointing to resource outside the epub: still broken. So just let ir broken.

If i write

b = 0
a = 5 / b

in python, thats syntactcally correct. It wll result in a runtime error. Same with broken links. Thats syntactcally correct. But it will not work, at least not as intended.

And quite honestly: this whole discussion is taking up far too much time for me. Sometimes I think it's better to live with the bugs than to report them.

I appreciate the work you and Diap put into Sigil, but this time I'm really tired of talking it out.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote