Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #494
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
Thanks for your reply, Simon.

Thanks for your reply, JSWolf.

In my ePubs (at least in some of them) the spans marked for the use smallcap font are already in lowercase.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get your point here. I wanted to avoid editing the CSS files in each ePub file, not the HTML text or code itself.
There is a little problem here, if the epub has fonts embedded itself, and the .css in the epub points at them, the default.css will be overruled.
You can't switch to verdana (by example) in the reader, when in the book the text point to Helvetica, and that font is embedded in the e-book.
Then you have to edit the e-book and empty the font directory, so it is no direct answer to your question, but in a lot of cases you have to edit each e-book, you can't avoid that by simply put an .css in your reader.
There are plugins for "pulling out" internal fonts in calibre without converting the book.
But i can put a no ident in the .css of the reader, but at the moment there is an ident rule in the ebook 's css it will jump.
The T1 and T2 ignores !important rules in .css files.