Thread: html tidy
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
html tidy

As an experiment, I ran an html book through html tidy online. I got one error and 58 "warnings." The Tidy output had incorporated all the warnings.

I then fixed the one error in the original html file and opened it in Sigil. I saved it as filename.epub and clicked on the Tidy icon. (I am using 5.3.) The "validation results" window at the bottom of the page remained blank.

So!

1) Am I correct in assuming that those 58 warnings have all been tidied up without my knowing about it?

2) Is there a chance that Tidy could cause a problem with all that dusting and sweeping behind the scenes?

Thanks!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote