View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #643
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I was doing really well, but a Georgette Heyer sale clobbered my numbers.

My TBR pile is currently at 350, and I want to get down to 300 by the end of the year. It might jut be possible, if I not only resist buying books, but also winnow my TBR a bit more, chucking out books that I've read but forgotten, or find I just don't want to read. But that might be counted as cheating a bit.
I don't consider that sort of cleanup to be cheating, but rather intelligent selection of what's worth reading. That's not to say that at some point in the future a book you winnow off your TBR now might not find its way back. But it's much more realistic to only have books on there that you actually think you might read in the next year or two.

I did some of that cleanup myself, realizing that certain books just weren't going to make the cut.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote