View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #482
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2345 View Post
Deagol, thank you for the answer!

Since one week I have Kindle DXG international, and I managed to install 3.2.1. Now I am looking for the newer files to update it to 3.3, but I can see only the instructions how to prepare the original files.
If I make backup of Kindle 3 (I hope my sweatheart will allow it ), then I will have all features of Kindle 3 plus DX or Kindle 3 only?

P.S. The main reason for the update was to read books in Cyrillic. I can tell that it was much worther than these modifications:
http://blogkindle.com/unicode-fonts-hack/
The Unicode cyrillic characters of 3.2.1 version looks much better.
Well, i agree with you. My main reason was to be able to read .mobi books with turkish characters. They can't be displayed in 2.5.8.

Also i followed yifanlu's instructions and updated my kindle DXG to 3.3 but there is nothing worthy over 3.2.1. It is mainly for personal documents management which can be accessed by archives folder in kindle 3 but inaccessible with kindle DXG.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote