View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khourianya View Post
My hubby bought me the touch last weekend as a supplement to my Sony 505 A very happy surprise. I was really enjoying playing with my new toy. Then, all of a sudden yesterday afternoon, half of the screen started to have lines etched across it. It basically rendered the text on the lower half fo the screen almost unreadable.

I am hoping it is just a one-off defect and that others aren't being plagued by it. Luckily, I am still within the return period and will just run it back to Indigo and exchange it...but I know people are coming here to research it before they buy and I wanted to see if I was alone or if it is widespread to help people who are trying to make a decision.
I had a situation where one page was partially blank when I turned the page and the text on the remainder of the page was broken up. Paging forward and then back fixed the problem. My explanation of the problem is that it was due to the new type of page turn introduced with the Kobo Touch where pages are only fully refreshed about once every six pages.

Was the problem you described confined to one page or did it span multiple pages? A problem that spans many pages could indicate a hardware problem.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote