View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd2013 View Post
I suppose a related question would be: which would you recommend for a non-tech-savvy person? Someone who
may end up having a collection of 100 to 300 books, not thousands
will never use Calibre
might, maybe, be willing to access a website to classify books
will want to have a rough ideas of what crime novels he has bought, what history books, what biographies, etc.
might start to become forgetful e.g. (older relatives)

In other words, for a non-tech-savvy person who will do most of the library management on the ereader itself, or at most on the website of the related store, which would be better? Kindle? Kobo? Something else? I know the Kindle is cumbersome but I don’t have a Kobo to compare.
Buying from a single bookstore will solve that issue regardless of device.

Since you specifically mentioned non-tech-savvy, I doubt they'll be doing any DRM removal and format shifting/conversion. As I'm located in the US, I would recommend Amazon for ease of availability (Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc) and US-based customer support. Not that I know anyone who would buy a dedicated reader. Most just read on their smartphones or tablets.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 03-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote