View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #1
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One
Books on Kobo with wrong author name

I have a few books on my Kobo by the same author. The author is listed correctly in the metadata in Calibre, in the file names, in the folders on the Kobo via USB, in the folders on my computer, etc. Everywhere else I can think to look, the author name is correct - except when I look for them in the Kobo's book/collections lists. They all have different author names there and I can't figure out why.

I thought it was a Calibre problem at first, so I checked all the metadata, the folders, etc. Took the books off the device, edited them, resent them to the Kobo, etc. I checked the filenames in Finder, the folder names. Everything with Calibre as far as I can tell checks out.

I think now it must be something in how the Kobo is reading the files. I'm stumped. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Was it the reader?
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote