Thread: Literary With Heart • December 2018
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
After never nominating books previous to this thread, I'll go crazy and nominate another. This one came to mind today when I answered a question about this book in another part of these forums.

The Travelling Cat Chronicles - Hiro Arikawa

It is a short novel, approx. 160 ADE pages, and has no direct connection to hearts, but The Guardian review's:

The structure of The Travelling Cat Chronicles is deceptively simple. With alternating sections of third-person and Nana-the-cat narration, it consists of three journeys to friends, followed by a pilgrimage across a beautifully evoked landscape. There is then a heart-breaking last journey that left me in bits.

perhaps makes the connection. I don't think animal lovers, especially cat ones, would find it too soppy - it is very Japanese.

Again, this is a selfish nomination because we have kept cats all of our lives .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote