View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Seeing that Microsoft is in on this. I would say "Trying to cash in on it" is the plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Seeing that Microsoft AND Amazon are in on this - I would say "Really trying to cash in on it" is the plan.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not the biggest Google fan, but I do think that this whole mass library digitization thing is a good first step towards having (mostly) searchable versions of all these books. Sure, there will be bumps along the way and details to iron out, which is what we're seeing happening. But when Microsoft/Yahoo (let's face it, they've essentially merged at this point thanks to Y's new CEO) and Amazon start crying "foul" because a competitor took the initiative and did something that needed to be done, well, I don't have any sympathy for them at all, and I can see the move for what it is--an attempt to cash in on their competitor's efforts.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote