View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
So the Nook works internationally?? I thought and I recall reading somewhere that when you turn on a brand new Nook, you're forced to register the device by providing a US credit card along with a US address and that you can't use the device until this step is done.

How do you buy your ebooks and sync them to your Nook?
You only need to provide an e-mail address (need not even be valid) to Register your Nook. If you want to buy from B&N then that's when you need to provide a US Credit Card and address. (or UK for the UK store)

You can buy or borrow epubs or pdfs from other sources, DRM Free or Adobe DRM and side load them via the usb cord. Just drag and drop or use Calibre.

Regarding the original question. I bought my first Nook (1st Edition) for Library access , Lending, In Store Reading, ability to buy DRM epub from other stores, and it had the least onerous DRM that required no outside activation or connection to work. (just CC# and Name) It was also cuter but that was a bonus.

When I bought the Touch, Kindle then also had the first two features but not the rest. The Touch also had expandable memory, the ability to make and read folders, and the ergonomics were great. It feels great in my hand and also gave the option of side buttons as well as touch.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote