View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
How to you manage your Kindle for PC?

I don't have a Kindle, but I buy quite a bit from Amazon and convert to epub for my Sony. I just cringe though everytime I have to open up my Kindle for PC to download the books because it's such a mess. How do I go about fixing this mess?

1. Some books refuse to show covers even though they're within the book.

2. The majority of the books are listed up to 5x, showing 5 different entries for the same book side-by-side; even within the books that are listed 5x, some will show covers and some will not for the same book. Some have a right click option to "Delete this book" or "Remove from Device" and that usually removes just one copy. Others only have the option to "Remove from Collection" and that seems to delete all copies of the book. Right click options aren't always the same between books, even books of the same name.

3. Files within my "My Kindle Content" directory are an equal mess, a lot of books are named with numbers such as "B00AD5F87C_EBOK.azw" so you don't know what they are until you open them (that one is Diaboliq).

4. When I purchased a $.99 book awhile back, my bank wasn't able to handle anything under $1.00, their system would just spit it out automatically and wouldn't accept the charge. That has now been fixed and I have downloaded the book, but now I have a permanent entry where it looks like a book but is entitled "Credit Card problem note, Download Failed. When you click on that it does nothing, just constantly spins trying to load. There is no option when you right click to "Delete this book".

Is there anyway to get rid of the duplicate entries, rename the numbered files into book titles, force covers to show, and get rid of old note that does nothing about the $.99 failed? I really hate this craptastic piece of software I'm forced to use to be able to purchase books from Amazon, but it seems a necessary evil. Hopefully there's a way to get it more organized though so I can see books I've purchased from Amazon without all this mess, and just one copy of each book.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote