View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #48
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Maybe this was accidentally deleted somehow when they were trying to fix something else. They still have the same description, including this book, at their website.

I sent Amazon feedback on this also, so we'll see if anything happens.

Makes me leery of doing updates in the future, though, if things like this happen.
If so, they completely rebuilt the book, rather than fixing formatting of an existing text.

The missing novella is missing from: the active TOC, the TOC list up front, the copyright page and the book.

You never can tell what an update will do - most I've seen have fixed horrible issues (especially with some early topaz books; even the topaz updates often were much more readable). For indie authors - it's almost always true that more editing, proofing and rewrites will yield a better end result. Those I let update when I notice them.

But for major publishers (who don't update as often), it does pay to make a backup of the original before allowing an update to push thru.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote