Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #28
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I defintely am price sensitive because I can go through 3 books in a week. I add everything to my amazon wishlist, and signed up for luzme.com (awesome, awesome site which is in the process of adding all major international ebook sites) and ereaderiq.com. Both sites monitor your wishlist and I get notified of any price changes in the stores of my chosing. (I have the kobo, nook and googlebook apps, however much prefer reading on my Kindle), and when the price is low enough, I buy it. The latest book I purchased this way was 12.99, then started dropping every day a bit more, and I bought it at 7.49. That's huge. There is another series that is 9.99 per book, and I bought the first two books in the series for 2.99 each when the price dropped for a few days. With luzme.com is how I started noticing pricing discrepancies between the stores... Kobo is much more expensive.
That, and the free books I find out about through ereaderiq, have helped me amass a huge TBR library of my preferred genres. Also, I check if my local library has the ebook available before I buy it, and sometimes I am lucky even though the library system in Rhode Island is not well funded. I make sure to donate regularly.
My first kindle thus paid for itself.

I am lucky that in the US, there us no forced fixed pricing like in the EU.

For you international mobilereaders on this thread, have you tried changing your country setting to US? Not sure about Nook et al., but on amazon you can do this easily, so may be worth a shot...

Edited to add: when I am waiting for a new book in a series by an author I like, I purchase the book full price to support him/her. I figure if I do this every now and then, it balances out all their books I get for free (library) or reduced.

Last edited by xendula; 10-04-2012 at 12:25 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote