Thread: OTG support
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #42
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Even with OTG autodetection, your USB host mode adapter cable needs the fifth pin connected to signal trigger host mode. Some of the cables I got from ebay have this connection and work correctly on my Nexus 7, but others that I bought later do not work (only 4 wires connected), in which case you need to configure the port for host mode manually using a software OTG configuration program.

We still have work to do on this before we can plug in a keyboard or mouse or USB webcam (for Skype with 2-way video?)...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote