View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #208
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
I tried copying the launchpad install but no luck same u007 error, back to square one, but at least I have learned alot thus far.
congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
Are there any threads talking about what goes on during the kindle update install?
kindle update install, actually, consists of two major stages. The first stage is dedicated
to all that security stuff, and results into a decision if the requested update accepted or not.
Personally I find the above pretty boring, so don't know any details. I'm OK with the fact that
this allows me to write and deploy any code I want. That's more than enough for me.
The second stage is the actual install, and usually is controlled by install.sh script.
This script copies the binaries which constitute a 'hack' to the userstore (/mnt/us on Kindle)
and, if needed, creates some scripts to /etc/init.d and creates extra entries in /etc/rcS.d
and symbolic links to them. All this /etc stuff is needed mostly to enable the 'hack' to be activated
on startup.

HTH,

h1uke

P.S. it is 100% OK to be a noob. But you are certainly not the one
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote