View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I think it's hilarious that turning a page in a book is allowed on the Sabbath, but pressing "next page" on a Kindle or Nook isn't. (I'm Jewish -- but not Orthodox.)
First thing that came to my mind was that having orthodox Jewish texts on an ereader seems like the most useless thing ever because they would be unusable when most needed (presumably on the Sabbath ). Apropos of nothing, just noticed yesterday that my parents' oven (which we were trying to fix) had a "Sabbath mode" listed in its manual (yes, that's what they called it - I assumed it made all the electric features turn off).
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote