View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The only proven physical impact of screen viewing is eyestrain from the extended fixed focus of the eyes, which is why breaks are recommended to allow the eye muscles to reset. The same effect comes from extended longer distance focus (i.e., driving). Both are temporary. Lighting type has nothing to do with it. Lighting intensity has some effect.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20372397
Interesting. Looking at a PC monitor in a dark room seems more uncomfortable than when in a lit room. Perhaps that's partially due to not looking away (the rest of the room is dark, what's to look at?)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote