View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #17
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
One last point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xochipilli2012 View Post
According to the FedEx tracking website, my new Astak will be here sometime today. I know I will have to contain my enthusiasm and give it time to charge - probably up here on my desk where I can gaze upon it with longing and fabled anticipation.

I've read the FAQ, I've read a copy of the manual someone posted here. And I've been reading plenty of posts. I think I'll be ready.

After reading Davimee's tale of woe regarding ordering through Car Toys, I have to say I'm pretty psyched that ordering directly from theEZreader.com website has gone so smoothly and quickly. I ordered it last Thursday! (I'm glad she was finally able to get her reader.)

I realize it is the mark of an evolved human being to be able to take whatever life throws at us with some degree of calm and presence, but as someone who can 'over-think' things I really like to manage my expectations in order to enjoy a more 'glass half-full' experience of this amazing life I've been gifted with. Having this forum helps a lot in this effort.

I'll let y'all know what I think as I move through the process.

Cheers!
Dear xochipilli:

Welcome!! It is great to hear someone actually getting ready in advance. My ardent applause for saying you know about charging and have read the FAQ sheet.

Last thing:

After charging, do the latest firmware upgrade. We cannot do that for you as all devices identify with the home computer and you would not want it to identify with our work computer. So, you should go and do the firmware upgrade at: www.theEZreader.com/html under "support". That will give you longer battery charge life, 9 font sizes in EPUB, hyperlinks, and a Visable Clock.

It is normal that people assume that their new device will be "current" on upgrades. Reality is that they cannot be brought up-to-date by us as we want the device to identify with your own computer. You have everything to gain by doing this and instructions are right on the website.

I think a glass-full person on this forum is always an asset. You will be very popular here!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote