View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Becca, you may want to take a look at the Vaja leather case products for various devices (if you're not familiar with them already!). Those cases are truly form-fitting, with excellent finished edges, and aren't bulky. I like the tooled cover design of the Oberon cases, but I would never buy one. (And I have been known to spend $$$ on quality cases.) Why? Because it is bulky (seems bloated next to the thin and functional OEM Sony cover), doesn't seem to fold back easily (important because the cover NEEDS to be folded back while reading with one hand!), the decorative button-and-elastic closure is bulky (and an elastic string on the outside of a nice leather cover seems 'cheap'), and the slapped-on corner straps with one stretch corner (easy to make, for sure) isn't very form-fitting, partially obscures some corner controls, and also looks cheap. A high-quality leather cover should be form-fitting ('like a glove!) with customized attachment means specific to each device that avoids any buttons/controls. Looks are nice (from the outside), but functionality is also important. Premium prices should getyou premium design, not 'generic' corner-straps.

I *would* pay good money for a tooled leather cover that attaches like the OEM Sony (hinge pins, magnets) so that it is not bulky and is unobtrusive while reading. Maybe it's just me,or maybe others would also prefer a nice-looking Reader cover that is also better-designed and more functional.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote