View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
hi

I tried Jellby's method previously (as described by Katsunami) but I generated a huge and unusable font. Fontforge reported lots of mistakes but complied. On the other hand, JSWolf succeeded very nicely to embolden Charis Sil (modified and compact) but I don't know if he used Fontforge or another tool.

According to Katsunami, one may have to try several times, guessing any value between +50 to +75. It's very much a trial and error process.

As Kobo is allowing side-loaded fonts, my idea was, as you try to do for Fontin, to embolden just a bit Linux Libertine OTF (v. 5.3).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linu...bertine/5.3.0/

I noticed that the Kobo Patcher allows me to embolden very precisely any side-loaded font including this one but up to now this works only for regular fonts because italic font is displayed as bold... (a Kobo bug?) so I am still loooking for a solution à la JSWolf because Charis Sil modified emboldened italics are properly displayed.

Last edited by roger64; 12-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote