View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
In addition, the ebook could have been modified by a plugboard before being handed to the device driver.
I forgot all about metadata plugboards. Thank you for pointing this out, I won't bother with this since you're right, this could likely lead to things that users wouldn't want or expect to be saved back to the library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Why do you need this capability?
It's more of something that I personally would like to have the option for. The driver plugin I'm working on modifies the contents of ePub files (adds extra span tags to allow annotation saving and last read position saving to work better) before sending them to the device and I'd prefer to not have to re-parse the files on the occasional times where I re-upload a book for some reason.

If the intention is that a driver plugin should never actually do this I won't bother, I can accomplish the same thing by removing the calibre book and saving from the device into my library.

Last edited by jgoguen; 01-14-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Missed an important post
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote