View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sorry, but I'm going to have to bail after this. We're all talking about different things: different age groups, different goals, different concepts/philosophies and misunderstanding each other left and right in the process.

All I'm saying is that while I think an "inspire kids to love reading books" class would be a wonderful thing ... I think that A) "High School" (from the title of the OP's original article) is much, much too late for such a class. And B) Such a class would have to be completely independent of any English/Literature classes. Mainly because an "I Love to Read Books" class wouldn't really be of much help to someone who might be contemplating stepping up to college-level English/Literature classes in a couple of years.
And C) any class that was specifically geared toward attempting to inspire a love of reading in 13-18 year-olds would quickly become the Easy [X number of credits] Class. A blow off.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote