Thread: Memory Cards
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munner View Post
I am having trouble with one of my memory cards on my Sony PR600 Reader. It won't let me write any more books to it, and doesn't show up on Calibre any longer, but I can still read the books on it.
This is not a Sony issue, your card most likely reached the limit for items in the root directory. If you format the card as FAT32 the root directory limit will be removed.

Quote:
Does anyone know of a way to transfer these books to a new, larger, memory card without having to reload all the books one by one?
This is a calibre forum, by definition you use calibre so all you need to do is highlight all of the books you wish to resend to the "larger card" and send to device.

Quote:
I have them all saved, but I won't be able to tell what is on the card-well not very easily anyway!!
You could just use Windows explorer to copy everything on your card to a directory on your hard drive. Format your card as FAT32 then copy everything back again.

Quote:
BTW, I will NEVER but another Sony, after all the trouble I have had with this one. I am on my third now. At least they replace the damn things!!
I have a PRS-505 (3 years) and PRS-950 (2 months) and my two kids have prs-300s (1.5 years) and after all of the success I've had with my Sony readers they will be the top of my list in future purchases. Add to my success the fact that currently calibre seems to integrate better with Sony devices than any other devices and it hard to see a reason to change brands.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote