View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I just tried to give Moon+ another go last night, and spent considerable time dithering with the settings, but still went back to Aldiko. I was able to get rid of the cut-off line at the bottom with the "Full line at bottom" setting, and get the page laid out like a book rather than a web page (what's "intelligent" about making every paragraph a blurb?), but a couple of things that still bothered me were the fonts and the brightness stepping. All of the included fonts had a similarly harsh look to me. I don't know what Aldiko's "default" font actually is, but it's a lot easier to look at. As for the brightness, in Moon+ it kind of jumps from one level to another rather than scrolling smoothly as in Aldiko.

Moon+ also takes longer to load a book, and importing books doesn't seem to do anything--it will give me a pop-up list of all the books I just imported, but after I close the pop-up, they're not in my library.
You can use your own fonts with Moon+. Throw them in a fonts folder on your SD card. I've imported a couple of hundred books with no issues. They're in the library with metadata recognition. Haven't encountered brightness quirks.

Feel free to ask for help if you wish to return to Moon+.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote