View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #93
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Is their a way to ignore jacket check for epubs created with an older version of Calibre About half my epubs were created thus and now they show up as without jacket but they do have jackets.

P.S English not being my first language I want to know did I use the word thus correctly or not.
Your English was perfectly understandable

I think there is still a gap in the plugin for this scenario. It has been brought up before but the route I have taken only addresses the situation of where you subsequently do an epub->epub conversion adding a jacket again, and now end up with two jackets.

The problem with those older epub jackets as I understand it is that it has a file something like "jacket.xhtml" but it does not have the meta tags identifying it as generated by Calibre, which were added in a later release. Can you PM me a link to a file it would greatly help as I am only guessing?

I don't really want to just "assume" that anything ending in jacket.xhtml is a Calibre jacket, as presumably there could be commercial epubs that happen to use a file by that name or whatever. Perhaps there is something specific to the content of that jacket.xhtml file I could scan for as an additional check.

So right now the answer is no, Quality Check will not detect such files. Your only option currently is to do an epub->epub conversion on them all specifying to create a jacket, then run the new check for "multiple jackets". And then join the queue waiting for me to write the "remove" jackets functionality

EDIT: I should requalify all of the above. This is an uneducated GUESS as to what is happening. The one example epub that dwanthny kindly sent me with a jacket1.xhtml file in it DOES have the meta tags. So it is detected by the recent versions of this plugin. I really need an example of an epub that is NOT detected by the latest version of this plugin, and then we go from there...

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-26-2011 at 06:37 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote