Thread: Mini EPUB Page Count?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
OK, I think I must be a bit blind, I just now realized that when I hit the Menu button to find a menu option to show me my progress in the book.... the status bar shows up. Now if only I could claim the space 'saved' for the status bar as usable reading space I'd be happy.

I re-converted my EPUB files using Calibre to change all the margins to 5 point. This is great for the top and sides, but the 5 points on the bottom go "above" the blank status bar. *sigh* At least I don't have 1cm margins top and sides and 2cm margin on the bottom like I did before the re-convert.
set your margins in px (pixels) for best control and small margins. Then set the bottom to 0 so that you can claim all of the space right down to the line of the status bar. This will leave only about 40 pixels at the bottom. That is the best you can do. I actually see it chopping a bit off the descenders on some characters so it does extend a bit into the space.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote