View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #40
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I see that you have edited your post, you must have found the Check Version into the Setting Menu..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
OK, some personal comments/suggestions on the latest versions.....
[*]In the Add screen you "remember" the setting for Show All and Show Anchors even after the program is closed. Personally, I would think those settings should be reset each time the programs starts, but not when the Add screen is opened/closed/re-opened while editing the same file. What do you think?
I can agree with the Show All, but I kind of like the Show Anchors Always on. Maybe Add a Setting that could be selected what kind of settings you want to keep?

Quote:
[*]I know this may seem nit-picking, but while in the TOC Editor screen, the Add option perhaps should not be a right-menu option since it doesn't act on anything selected. I think, it would be better suited as an Add button on the TOC Editor screen.
A toolbar could be done, to have the same settings as the context menu. I will have to go hunting for suitable icons.

Quote:
[*]Can you consider assigning ePubFixer generated "id"s to all "href"s that don't have an existing "id". This way you can easily add "back links" to any hyperlink. For example, HarryT's "Pictures from Italy.epub" cannot be easily edited to add such "back links" to footnotes [1] and [2] (see attached image) as can my earlier "Lorna Doone.epub" modification. Any suggestions?
I kind of understand what you want. But not sure. You want to be able to go to a footnote and go back to the original text. But unlike your previous file (where there was a Anchor for the footnote in the original file, this one does not have it). But what I can't understand is how you want me to fix this?

The program just gets all the id's in the html file, there is no editing of the html file being done, so like you said it might be easier to add them in sigil, because I do not think that adding id's to the html will do a good job. And just searching for the same text will add a lot of possible junk. But maybe I misunderstand what you are talking about.

The html parser I use does not really like nested tags and can very easily screw up the file (there are weird types of file, where calibre adds it's own tags, sigil adds it own, etc.) And for every tag added it considers it a separate line, so duplicating text etc. That is why I used HTML Tidy for the new split chapter function, to have it better formatted and "manually" selected the text, but it is so slow.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote