View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
The search is unanchored, right?
Unanchored, and also global. Every occurrence found of the search pattern will be replaced.
Quote:
I was thinking along the lines of this being a similar case to the palindrome issue we discussed some time ago, because in the general case, you cannot know how many dots there are in an authors' name. Clearly, I was thinking too complicated- I thought about matching the non-dot parts as groups and using backreferences...
It is so easy to start down roads that lead to perdition. I do it frequently.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote