View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Syncing to last page read...bug, formatting problem, or design oversight?

I've noticed that when I read a book with endnotes/footnotes, the Kindle feature that syncs between devices (in my case I occasionally read a few pages on my phone's Kindle app) considers the endnote/footnote section as the furthest page read (because it's at the end of the book or chapter) rather than my place in the body of the text. This completely breaks the feature.

Is this how it's designed to work? Or is it a matter of incorrect formatting in the books I've tried?

With this feature there should be a way for a book to section off parts that are not considered normal reading pages, such as an index and notes.

I've noticed it on a few books, but I'm not sure if it does this for all books as most of my books don't have footnotes and/or I get books from places other than the Kindle store (which don't sync at all. obviously).
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote