View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
Ben Bova Star Conquerors PDF problem

Hi,
My first post.
I started hitting this issue with Calibre but it's gone further but honestly dont know where else to put this post.

Ben Bova's first ever book is very rare and expensive.
He put it as a PDF for free on his site a while ago and I got it but was never going to read a PDF on my PC.
So I've now got a cybook and the conversion to mobi with Calibre was awful. 1000% worse than any other PDF. (I appreciate PDF conversion issues).

Right letters but terribly spaced and parts of words on wrong lines giving lines interleaved and carridge returns and new lines all random in wrong places.

I went to his site to get a new copy just in case but he's deleted it, it would seem.
I've found someone with Abbyy reader 8 and though of re OCR ing it, but it's exactly the same.

Looks like it's either damaged or obfuscated on purpose?
anyhow it looks fine as the original PDF but i'm stuck.

Mobi creator (only used it this once) was even worse!!

Any thoughts at all?
Anyone with more experience willing to have a go?

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited by jethro10; 03-05-2009 at 10:20 AM.
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote