View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Agreed. For me the cut point of disposable entertainment has always been the price of a movie ticket (not including the popcorn and Coke.) Below this amount I will freely cast off the book (or whatever.) While you have carted the Dr. Who books, I have kept the Bantam Doc Savage books.

Paper books have their place but the space for those books is being squeezed everyday. Already many people have replaced their music collections with the contents on their iPod. Once they would have proudly shown off their record collection. Many people had special shelving constructed to hold the 12" Lp albums. Some people later had shelf upon shelf of CDs. My CDs are boxed in the basement next to the Lps. All have been transcribed to a music server.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote