View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for your input ciscopixie It's nice to hear from a happy Kobo user (not that the devices are made of poor quality, just that everyone seems to be Kindle/Sony/Nook adept).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopixie View Post
But do have a play around with the Kobo range if you're interested. I would have put a Japanese book onto an SD card, plugged it into a Touch or Glo, and see how it reads and how the dictionary is for you.
Wow, I've never thought of that I was always trying to see if the WIFI connection was working, thinking I could pick a book from Gutenberg or Aozoar,but not to avail.

So far, I have never felt the need to use the card slots (SD and Memory Stick Duo) of the 650. I don't put that many books on the eReader at once and they're not really heavy. But I see your points, and I'll take them into consideration.

I'm really curious regarding the step between the Sony PRS 650 (with the limitations I'm experiencing) and the Kobo Mini, if any.

I'm glad you're having fun with the Glo. I was attracted to it like a mosquito to the light in the very beginning, but I think I'll wait a little bit to see how the market evolves with those eReaders. Will Sony offer that kind of device? How the technology will improve with the 2nd generation. That been said, every evening when I'm reading in my bed I could order a frontlit device on a whim

Regarding the Kobo Mini's discount, the cash back (well, the points back ) is 25% of the price point. Not easy to beat. Well, the sales period over here will start in 10 days. It could be wise to wait until then, at least
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote