View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
ya. I was told I pay for shipping there, and they would examine the evidence and if it was still under warranty (they were unable to determine based on serial numbers). the thing about the warranty was it was over by the time i got that result. The device broken mid october, and I didnt get a response from tech support till 2 weeks after request, then final "send to us" nearly a month later. That point i was told in all liklihood it was a 69.99 replacement and i would have to also cover shpping back to me. None of wich came directly from Kobo, but from Celestica internationals RMA department

All in all, i decided the cost associated, and the bitterness of taking nearly a month for real tech support response, that i would walk away from Kobo entirely and show my displeasure with my dollar instead of words.

This wasn't meant to be a report on the tech support, warranty and issues though. I just wanted to report on the physical hardware, and my observations and how it might have related to known issues. As sort of a thank you to this community wich I have enjoyed reading for a while now.

I'm thinking of making a snapshot of the memory card that they use if anyone is interested in it as well for their "personal development" and future community's fun.

More information on a product is never a bad thing right?
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote